Employment & Expat Tax Lead
Due to a promotion my client is looking to recruit a Senior Employment & Expat Tax Lead to join their in house team within an international Oil & Gas client's Canary Wharf based business.
The role will have lots of variety and you should be a confident and proactive manager who is happy to support and develop a small team.
The role will be a combination of the following:
UK Employment Tax
- Responsible for ensuring the correct application of PAYE through the UK payroll - including accuracy of UK payroll processing
- Ensuring that positions taken by the payroll manager are technically correct and applied correctly through the payroll.
- Responsible for timely and accurate end of year return submissions including P45/P60/P11D - work in partnership with Payroll Manager to ensure these are delivered by outsourced payroll vendor.
- Developing solutions with providers to ensure compliance with non standard payroll issues (e.g. short term business visitors from the UK).
- Update relevant parties re changes in UK tax legislation
- Accountable for non payroll statutory reporting being completed accurately and on time e.g. PSA, Form 42.
- Developing solutions for other tax requirements e.g. Short Term Business Visitors process, stock options tax reporting.
- Facilitator of any relevant statutory audit by HMRC
- Relationship management between Chevron and relevant UK tax authorities on Employment tax maters.
- Work with other employment tax colleagues to share best practices - in other jurisdictions.
Expatriate Tax Services
- Responsible for the Expatriate Tax programme for Tax return preparation for UK, Italy, Norway
- Managing tax season to ensure my client and individuals meet their compliance requirements
- Ensuring that processes are in place to advise UK payroll group of expatriate circumstances (e.g. NIC status, tax status etc).
- Undertake policy interpretation of my client's Tax Equalization policy.
- Act as subject matter expert for placement of expatriates in new jurisdictions within the region, and for new home host combinations. Work closely with Corporate Tax to ensure that employment and corporate tax implications of business decisions are fully understood.
- Work in partnership with destination services team to ensure a seamless service is provided to inbound expatriates.
- Work with customers in all locations to monitor performance and ensure service appropriately aligned to customer requirements.
- Responsible for employer related expatriate filings such as Appendix 7A/7B and inbound P11D's
Applicable to Tax Provider
- Manage Day to Day relationship, operational performance, monitor SLA's are met, fee's correctly billed and service level credits applied where appropriate.
- Reviewing contract renewals, assessing alternative service providers and initiating and carrying our RFP's
- Actively participates with Procurement on negotiating pricing levels for supplier contracts, in consultation with global Expatriate Tax Manager.
- Benchmarking services level.
- Defining SLA's relevant to business needs, updating when required and ensuring SLA's are met.
- Ensuring SLA's are met, fees correctly billed and service level credits applied when appropriate.
- Monitoring supplier practices to ensure they are within appropriate compliance levels
People and Team Leadership
- Responsible for PMPs of team
- Responsible for providing direction, mentoring and career development for team.
- Participate in the development of business plan, and own relevant sections for Tax team
- Regularly review payroll and employment taxes to ensure they are in line with legislative, corporate audit, compliance and SOX requirements (in conjunction with Compliance Coordinator role)
- Related SOX compliance - responsible for timely completion and effective tests.
- Provide annual report to Senior Accounting Office on Employment taxation - as per HMRC requirements.
Projects and Improvement Planning
- Ensures continuous improvement in the delivery of the services by the Tax group, encompassing areas of service quality, process efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Benchmarks with the industry to keep abreast of industry trends and best practices
- Project involvement as required (Project Lead/SME) - e.g. IR35 implementation
If you feel you are suitable please apply today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy