Bristol/ Halifax/ Edinburgh
Core Purpose of Role
The Agile Coach is a change agent with a passion for coaching and supporting colleagues. The Coach will support Lab leadership, Product Owners, Chapter Leads and Teams to help build and reinforce new behaviours and ways of working. They will embed Agile, Systems Thinking and Design principles in the day to day work of teams, to create business and customer value. They represent the new culture and way of working and are advocates of it.
The Agile Coach will utilise their expertise and leadership skills to support the Product Owner and Owners, challenging their thinking to ensure that the optimal method is employed within the lab. They will cultivate the right environment, understand a range of methodologies and have the ability to balance customer value, & risk management to drive sustainable quality.
An Agile Coach may also be expected to perform the role of a Chapter Lead, which is a leadership role that blends both deep domain expertise with a passion for coaching and developing people. The Chapter Lead will directly oversee a team of Coaches in a Chapter, who will be embedded in Labs across Value Streams but will report to the Chapter Lead as a line manager. The main role of the Chapter Lead would be to grow and develop the Chapter and ensure alignment on the "how" of the work they perform in Teams. The Chapter Lead may work as a "player-coach", meaning they will spend ~50% of their time embedded in the Team doing the Agile Coach role and the remaining time performing the Chapter Lead role.
Behaviours & Competencies
The Agile Coach is representative of the 'new' culture and should display the following qualities:
- Embodies the new culture: collaborates, shows courage, trusts people, speaks up, is creative and simplifies
- Passionate about coaching and supporting people to adjust and embrace changes
- Translates agile methodologies into practice so it works for the client, encouraging the right behaviours
- Actively seeks feedback, and has the courage to give it in return
- Invests in others, independent of their status, background or opinion
- Intellectually curious, loves learning new skills, capabilities and champions this across teams
- Comfortable challenging and advising senior leadership, in a way that encourages them to improve and embed new ways of working
- Emotionally intelligent with strong people management skills: motivating, observing, coaching and mentoring of colleagues
- Calm, confident and open-minded
- Analytical; understands how to structure and present complex problems
- Intrinsic desire to improve the customer experience
- Role models the "do it, try it, fix it" mentality and asks this of others
- Excels in commitment and integrity; a confidant for the team
Knowledge & Experience
- Deep background in coaching and developing people and teams, in influencing behaviour change
- Expert in Agile / Systems Thinking / Service Design application and Scrum techniques
- Experience of transforming waterfall to flow systems for software development processes
- Proven experience in designing and delivering formal and informal training
- Experience in financial services or large corporate environments
- A track record of realising cultural change
- Drives the cultural change towards a new way of working: moving from an "organisation of talking" to an "organisation of doing"
- Coaches and advises Lab leadership to direct them on delivery, design and talent agendas
- Ensures teams and leaders make clear commitments and honour them
- Embeds agility, systems thinking & service design across the Lab - and where necessary design and deliver training to support capability uplift
- Discuss the development needs of Teams with individuals, Product Owners, Owners and Chapter Leads and drives interventions to improve capability
- Actively creates, maintains and matures the new culture within the Lab and Teams
- Establishes and drives a culture of experimentation and continual learning
- Helps Lab members to improve management capabilities such as negotiation, conflict management and stakeholder engagement
Supporting the realisation of the Lab's purpose:
- Works alongside the Lab leadership team to help them create a personal and relevant vision for the strategic agenda of the Lab
- Understands the context within which the Lab is trying to deliver change and assist them in navigating that landscape
- Coaches the Lab Product Owner to ensure that the vision is clear and that all the Teams' purposes are aligned to it
- Understands the end to end process and the value of different disciplines; able to challenge multi discipline teams to drive the right outcomes
- Helps the Lab leadership and Teams to continuously improve agile maturity and incremental delivery of value to customers
- Helps the Lab leadership and Teams to base designs and prioritisation decisions on real customer & stakeholder feedback
- Ensures that the Labs and Teams are interacting with dependent stakeholders effectively
Apply for Agile Coach-306225
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.