Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Purpose: To lead the design and implementation of the company's marketing and communications strategy, including marketing, customer communications, PR and stakeholder and community engagement.
Main Responsibilities and tasks:
- Plan, develop and create a range of promotional materials to support the marketing and communications
- Analyse research and data, acting on the findings
- Create innovative ways of marketing services to grow passenger numbers and sales
- Design, manage and execute campaigns to a set marketing budget
- Liaise and co-ordinate with colleagues to ensure that display materials are current, relevant and consistently comply with brand guidelines
- Liaise with creative agencies to deliver highly desirable and relevant campaigns
- Manage PR and media activity for the company, both planned and reactive
- Create positive PR stories around the company's activities, linking to the company's vision and values
- Manage the internal communications strategy, including editing the internal newsletter, ensuring that employees have relevant and up to date information on the company's activities
- Promote the company through positive news fed to key stakeholders
- Celebrate success and promote to key stakeholders
- Manage the company's sustainability report
- Attend stakeholder events
- Be responsible for the company's community engagement strategy
- Increasing the company's profile within the local community
- Promote diversity and inclusion within the company and wider community
- Attend community events, promoting the brand
Key Safety Responsibilities:
- To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
- Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
- Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition.
- To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant company policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven experience of marketing excellence at management level
- Degree or relevant experience in a marketing and communications role
- Good understanding of passenger transport and awareness of how the company fits into the local landscape.
- Good inter personal skills and ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective writer with key attention to detail
- Flexibility (some out of hours working will be required)
- A team player
- Good understanding of data privacy standards/GDPR
- Strong awareness of the dynamics of social media
- Understanding and experience of various communications channels in an operational business
- Excellent communicator
- Experience of managing change effectively
- Highly motivated
- Clear and concise written skills
- Organised and efficient
- Good knowledge of all computer systems, with the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to work autonomously
- Effective decision maker
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy