The position as Production Planner is based at their facility in the Hertfordshire area and would be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner.
As the Production Planner, the successful candidate will typically report into a Senior member of the Material Logistics Unit.
- Ensure the timely cost and effective provisioning of parts and internal services
- Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management
- Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that the inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility
- Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques
- Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels
- Attend and contribute to review meetings, ie Integrated Production Teams (IPT's), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions
- Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme
- Advise on manufacturing 'Best Practice' as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes
- Deploy the planning tools ie SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment
- Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process
The successful candidate as Production Planner must be
- Self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results orientated, demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to role
- A good understanding of H&S procedures necessary for the safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary
- Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage
- The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and databases is required in this role
- Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems
- Experience with an Enterprise Planning System, eg SAP
- ESD training
If this role is of interest and you want to know more then please don't hesitate to contact Sophia - 0161 233 1222 or alternatively apply.
Roevin acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Roevin UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Roevin. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.roevin.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement
Apply for Production Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.