A Procurement Manager is required for a contract assignment with a multi national defence company based in Stevenage.
The primary objective of the role is to ensure the supplier performs its contractual obligations in order to maintain the company's ability to meet its customer delivery milestones.
Managing a portfolio of complex sub-system equipment and/or service suppliers, you will be responsible for obtaining Value for Money (VfM) solutions from the supplier, drafting and negotiating subcontracts and, once on contract, managing the supplier programmes and subcontracts. You will build effective relationships at all levels to embed collaborative working within both company multifunctional project teams and the supplier's organisation, ensuring the selected solution is developed and delivered by the supplier to meet the company needs.
Key aspects of the role involve:
* You will be the primary interface dealing with design authority suppliers who provide complex sub-systems for use in, and services to support company's weapon systems,
* Responsible for:
* Managing the major supplier related aspects of the business winning process including;g, drafting and negotiation of complex RFQs, sub-contracts, contract amendments and other industrial agreements
* Ensuring the Sub-contractor delivers to programme and technical requirements within authorised budgets, and in accordance with their contractual obligations
* Managing and developing the business relationship with suppliers
* Leading a supplier facing multi-functional team.
* Implementing strategies associated with the sub-contract(s) to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans, in the high value/high risk and complex political environment
* Seeking ways to continually improve the Supplier to be a high performing supplier Ensuring adequate visibility of the Sub-contractor programmes and associated risks such that strategies can be implemented to overcome problems that may hazard timely delivery of project requirements or cost
* Participating in project and functional process improvement opportunities, sharing best practice where appropriate within other sectors/projects
* Providing accurate budget and cash forecasts for supplier payments
* Dependent on specific role, management of one or two team members
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement