1st Line Support : Retail
1st Line Technical / Customer Service Support
Answering incoming contacts from customers and to accurately log incidents ensuring all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident. To provide a single point of contact to our customers and to ensure that incidents are fully managed through to resolution.
Service Operations Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job
- 1stLine Support of Wintel / Retail and Hardware related incidents.
- Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident.
- Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively keeping Customers informed on incident or request status and progress.
- Escalate incidents where a first time fix is not possible to either 2ndline support or the relevant resolver group.
- Adhering to Incident management procedures.
- Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
- Resolve >60% of incidents logged as a First Time Fix
- Keeping up to date with the current standard procedures.
- Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
- Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Manager /Service Delivery Manager
- Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
- Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
- Contributing to team meetings.
Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
- Proven Customer service skills
- Up to 6 months' experience as an analyst within a similar environment
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (i.e. MCP)
- Up to 6 months remote support experience of
o Windows Operating Systems (Essential)
o Citrix (Desirable)
o Cisco Telephony Systems (Desirable)
o Hardware troubleshooting of both desktop and server hardware. (Desirable)
o Application support of applications from major vendors such as Netapp, Cisco, Microsoft, etc (Desirable)
- Knowledge of supporting various windows applications including MS Office from end user perspective (Desirable)
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines is desirable
- Experience of working to SLAs and KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their purpose is desirable.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
- Structured troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
- Passionate, professional, with a 'can-do' attitude at all times
- Proactive thinking
- Problem management and Problem solving
Applicants can apply here or by sending a CV and cover letter
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy