Warehouse Team Leader
Team Leader you will be a part of a team taking full responsibility for the Distribution Centre and all areas associated with this.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure all daily customer orders are picked and despatched on time
- Ensure pick accuracy levels and packing standards are met/exceeded
- Ensure that the company's WOW factor is woven into every task carried out in the distribution centre
- Strive for continuous improvement with Picking efficiencies
- Ensure carrier collections are made and on time
- Daily booking in of all lines received from UK suppliers with 24 hours
- Investigate deliver discrepancies and work with the Supply Chain team to resolve
- Ensure all workstations have the correct equipment and consumables for packaging
- Quality Control checks and processes implemented
- Management of daily Bulk storage & Pick face replenishments
- Ensure Trade Counter performance and service is of the highest standard
- Ensure daily stock putaway is cleared
- Liaise with carrier providers to ensure 'best in class' delivery service offering at all times
- Liaise with Contact Centre on any queries or special customer requests professionally and promptly
- Monitor packaging levels and quality and liaise with external packaging suppliers
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly Health & Safety checks
- Planning of holiday cover within your team
- Completion of RTW's and absence management within your team
- Regular recorded dialogue with your team, 1:1s. Appraisals & PDPs
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee inductions and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Ensure outside areas (loading/unloading/skips) are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure best practice in place to ensure staff safety comes first
- Offer cover for other DC Team Leaders/Managers for holidays, absence, meetings.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are in place and maintained
- Ensure staff are wearing correct uniform and PPE where required
- Ensure full weekend despatch carried out when on shift
- Constantly push to raise the bar for yourself and your team on performance, standards, quality, service and cost reduction.
Skills and experience:
- Good Standard of MS products including Excel
- Proven leadership and staff management skills
- Flexible in approach to working shifts/weekends/overtime
- Analytical thought process and logical approach to problem solving
- A can-do attitude and someone who welcomes stretching goals/challenges
- Able to adapt, learn quickly and implement viable strategies
Health and Safety
The jobholder must familiarise themselves with the Company's Health and Safety requirements, the applicable risk assessments and safe working practices.
If any hazard is encountered in the place of work it is the individual's responsibility to notify his manager/supervisor or Health and Safety Officer.
The jobholder is responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others in the workplace. Personal Protective Equipment is freely available upon request and it is the duty of the jobholder to wear PPE as determined by the company in the designated areas.
If the jobholder has any doubts about the safety of any task it is the jobholder's responsibility to STOP the work and agree a safe working practice with his/her manager.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Warehouse Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.