Front End Designer
Adecco have a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company based near Newbury. Our client is looking for a Front End Designer to join their team on a permanent basis. The role is working Monday - Friday offering a salary of £25,000 - £30,000.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Translate the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
Candidates will ideally have/be:
- Experience with CMS (primarily knowledge of Umbraco)
- Knowledge of responsive design and coding
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, Bootstrap and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Company benefits include:
- 0800 - 1700 or 0830 - 1730 Monday to Friday
- We offer training to encourage career progression
- Pension scheme
- We currently offer an option of Private Health Care after 2 years of service or two additional days leave
Do you have experience in a similar role and all the relevant skills? If so apply today Adecco Newbury.
Please note: This position is based near Newbury, please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location.
All applications will be reviewed within five working days by one of our experienced consultants and successful applicants only will be contacted within that time frame. Please be assured that your details remain confidential and they will not be sent out to our client(s) until you have been contacted by us and have given us your consent, in accordance with REC guidelines.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy