Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer required to be a key player within the Software development team working closely with Systems Engineering to add new capability. The role spans the full software development life-cycle encompassing requirements derivation, architectural design analysis, implementation, integration and test.
Typical activities will include:
- Interpret functional and non-functional software requirements embodying them in detailed software designs that align with the broader software architecture.
- Develop and update software solutions, using the C++ programming language, validating fulfilment of requirements and adherence to detailed software designs.
- Effectively identify defect and failure root cause, then using the knowledge gained, identify appropriate design and implementation changes to effect resolution.
- Perform all software tasks in full adherence to the project's software development process, associated policies and guidelines.
- Ensure component regression tests are maintained and extended in-line with new development and defect resolutions.
- Supply accurate effort and timescales estimates for assigned software tasks and report progress to line manager.
- The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Professional experience developing distributed, multi-threaded, real-time software systems.
- Professional experience implementing software applications and services using C++.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in design capture in UML using Object Orientated Design (OOD) methodologies.
- Familiarity with software configuration and change control best practice.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement