A Mechanical Inspector is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage.
Applicants must be apprenticeship served and educated to HNC/HND level.
Responsible for all elements necessary to achieve and maintain the quality of deliverable hardware.
* Certification of product in line with processes and procedures.
* Examining for correct assembly.
* Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
* Inspect for physical damage.
* Intermediate inspection checks for non-Product Certification activities.
* Monitoring of operators within the Product Certification Scheme.
* Check, complete and certify all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Control of non-conforming items.
* Raise and maintain relevant data records/non-conformance reports.
* Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets.
* Care for and use specialised inspection tools.
* Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Ensure inspection times are met.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
* Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21or HNC.
* Several years' experience as a skilled person.
* IPC 610 & IPC 620 certified / trained preferred.
* Manual handling training.
* ESD training.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement