£34-£36k Per Annum
Our client is looking for a General Manager to manage their team in the hospitality sector. The role will be expected to achieve excellent operational standards, and high levels of customer satisfaction within a public house environment.
It is a position that requires a strong leader with significant and relevant food & beverage experience. The role requires someone who can motivate an extensive team, delivering excellent customer service and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the operation.
- Exceeding customers' expectations to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction results in all areas of the operation.
- Retain, motivate and manage all staff providing the necessary training, development and guidance to maximise employee job satisfaction and team morale
- To lead from the front, setting the correct precedent for other managers and staff
- Engagement with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the pub and to ensure the pub is an essential pillar in the community
- To have strong commercial awareness, understanding business trends within the pub industry
- To comply with all company human resources procedures and to ensure all staff are fully inducted to the company at the time of joining.
- To complete weekly payroll, takings and banking requirements in an accurate and timely manner, adhering to the clear company cash handling, storage and banking procedures.
- To improve and maintain the highest possible standards of operation including, taking ownership of the running of the pub, using your initiative to make daily operational decisions, managing staff and implementing new procedures where necessary
- Communicating with customers regarding complaints in an assertive, pleasant and professional manner to ensure that the situation is resolved to the complete satisfaction of the customer
- Monitoring and improving our standards of the operation. Helping to standardise the way we serve, clear and expose all sales opportunities with our customers.
- To understand the annual pub budget and who is responsible for controlling each cost line
- Recognise the importance of maximising sales and controlling costs.
- Managing labour costs through accurate and controlled scheduling of staff and by reacting to increased or decreased customer demand by adjusting staff numbers
- To work closely with the Head and Sous Chef to monitor and manage food wastage and gross profit margin by costing menus and pricing sensibly and fairly
- Supporting the Bar Manager in the management of liquor at the pub to ensure stock holding and rotation is efficient, wastage is minimised and the budgeted liquor gross profit margin is achieved
- Understanding, management and effective training of the company operating systems for electronic purchasing, payroll, bookings, table reservations, HR, recruitment, stock control and reporting
- To maximise the profits of the pub. Create and introduce new ideas to gain sales, reduce costs and improve our conversion from sales to profit
- To attend monthly financial reviews and present the pub accounts with understanding and knowledge and when necessary interact with the head office accounts team to resolve financial queries.
What we are looking for
- To have a passion for food. Our client has a passion for food and so their customers.
- Totally customer focused. Strives to exceed expectations.
- Honest, dedicated and hard working
- Sales driven
- Strong commercial knowledge and awareness
- To be highly organised and to be able to take accountability
- Immaculately presented with superb interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ambition and drive. We want our Managers to have flair, ambition and the will to succeed and overcome challenges
- Attention to detail. Always keeping an eye out to make sure that all is in place.
- Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets, word processing and social media
This does not include live in opportunities.
Additionally to the basic salary, they would offer the following;
Private health care
Share of gratuities
Please apply to this role online at Adecco!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy