Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you'll be working with
The role falls within the "Data and Analytics" delivery group of Capgemini's HMRC account. The group provides a wide range of data analytics solutions in support of HMRC's business priorities. You'll be working alongside Business analysts, Solutions Architects, Software architects, and Software engineers across the full software and solution delivery lifecycle.
The focus of your role
The role provides technical and design leadership to software engineering streams of projects and the wider delivery group. The role covers the full project lifecycle from bid/proposal stage, through requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and active involvement in solution development, with delivery leadership responsibility for software engineering teams.
What you'll do
- You will have significant experience in several of the key technologies and be able to coach and mentor team members, review quality of deliverables and resolve technical blockers and issues allowing projects to progress to schedule.
- You will advise project leadership on technical issues, progress, plans to resolve. You will be comfortable attending client work-shops and providing consultancy/advice on technical decisions and designs
- Act as technical consultant at client and internal proposal/bid/design workshops
- Analyse business requirements, translating to technical solution design, incorporating key considerations to all functional and non-functional requirements
- Break down design to component development streams, lead developers, providing quality review, technical advice and leadership to successful delivery
- Ensure development standards and processes are followed and quality software products are delivered.
- Maintain hands-on elements of component development, often taking ownership for the most complex solution elements.
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of the delivery group's technical strategy, and delivery process improvements maintaining and improving quality and efficiency of delivery.
What you'll bring
- You will have mastered several Software Engineering areas, applications or database environments.
- You will have subject matter expert in several of our key technologies and have an awareness of technology sets across the data engineering, data/devops and data analytics sphere.
- You will have extensive experience in the data warehousing solution design, ETL solution and process design and the configuration /implementation key data analytics toolsets to deliver business insights reporting (e.g. SAS analytics, BOXI, Pentaho BA, Power BI)
- Experience of delivery of data solutions in the Cloud, using industry leading platforms such as AWS, Azure, and an understanding of Platform as a service (PaaS) and Infrastructure and Code (IaC) concepts.
- You will be fully familiar with Agile software /solutions delivery, and be able to work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile team members and contribute to sprint planning, sprint delivery, blocker resolution, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives and provide expert technical support and guidance to the scrum team.
Key technologies being:
Oracle database, SQL, PLSQL, Unix
Hadoop Cloudera Ecosystem
Pentaho DI, BA, Ctools
Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory
Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.