My well established client based in Sheffield is currently looking for a manual Miller to run their Butler millling machine, these machines are quite large and have 3 meter beds so experience in medium to heavy working is required.
The nature of the work will be proof machining long pieces of work, squaring them off to tolerances ready to go for sawing and then finish machined on their CNC section.
It would be highly beneficial if any candidates interested had knowledge of cutting speeds and feeds of both hard and soft materials going up to around 60 Rockwell.
The company is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic about coming to work,doesn't plod along and wants to get the job done quickly and accurately.Who is looking for progression and wants to work in a very modern and clean machine shop with all the latest technology and equipment.
Manual Machinist - Rotating Shifts on a weekly basis
Reporting to CNC Team Leader / Production Manager
Hours of Work Days: Monday - Wednesday 06:00 - 16:30 Thursday 06:00 - 15:30 (37.5Hrs)
Nights: Monday - Wednesday 20:00 - 06:00 Thursday 20:00 - 05:30 (37.5Hrs)
Hourly rate dependant on experience Hour rate scale: £12.50-£13.60
Plus, Shift Premium
Potential overtime available all year round.
Role & Responsibilities
Your role will be to operate various Manual milling machines within the Production Facility.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Operation of Milling machines to high standard of quality and productivity.
* Adherence to company Health and Safety Policy.
* Maintenance of shop floor housekeeping standards.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
* Wants to work not just a job
* Has passion, desire and will
o Enthusiastic and motivated and driven by results
* Has high personal standards and is hardworking
* Is flexible and agile in their approach and a team player
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and a desire to both improve current skill sets and embrace other skills within the operation
* Have a willingness to embrace change and improve on the status quo
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills
* Good team working skills.
* Apprentice trained or equivalent on the job experience training
* Ability to read and interpret complex product drawings including geometrical tolerances.
* Ability to carry out a complete set up for new parts.
* Apprenticeship or Engineering qualification
o Either NVQ/ONC/HNC/HND
* Previous experience in a steel machining precision environment
* Experience of expansion in materials
* Experience of hard machining.
* Holidays: 25 days plus statutory holidays progressing to 27 days plus 8 statutory holidays
* Company Pension Scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Free Car Parking
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy