Entry Level Administrator
Data Entry and Administration
To assist management in maintaining a comprehensive monitoring programme and conducting a
wide range of Unit Trust and OEIC administrative activities in accordance with the FCA regulations and the client service level agreement. A high degree of accuracy is required due to the importance of this function and the large financial figures involved on a daily basis (£40-£100m). An appreciation of time constraints, flexibility and the ability to communicate effectively with clients plus internal and external contacts is critical to the role. The jobholder has discretion in terms of decision making with regard to undernoted list of principal responsibilities. It is their responsibility to escalate to their direct line manager.
- Monitoring all aspects of the management of Collective Investment Schemes for which the team acts as Trustee, either authorised or unauthorised funds.
- Responsible for high risk and complex administrative tasks requiring depth of experience. Deals with difficult transactions, investigations and client issues verbally and in writing. Authorised signatory and system verifier for high value and time critical multi-currency money movement transactions. Accuracy is essential due to the large financial figures involved on a daily basis.
- Drive forward operational efficiencies and streamline Unit Trust/OEIC administrative processes to increase cost savings and to increase quality and quantity of output. Primary tasks include data input, banking, account reconciliations, overdraft monitoring, distribution and unclaimed distribution activities, fee collection and payment.
- Be aware of the requirements of Scheme Documentation including Account Opening for Custody Accounts .
- Perform monthly pricing reconciliation reviews ensuring unit/share price is correct within FCA guidelines.
- Assist in resolving queries/technical issues where appropriate.
- Complete report and accounts reviews, and periodic audit letters in accordance with Fund ex-dates.
- Ensure that the specific allocated Funds are compliant with all investment monitoring requirements as per the FCA Regulations, prospectus/internal guidelines and Trust Deeds.
- Assess and implement the appropriate Investment and Borrowing rules in Charles River.
- Assist with the pursuance of new markets and product opportunities that emerge.
- Participate with Audit, Compliance &FCA inspections.
- Maintain a breaches register.
- Utilisation of technology to enhance monitoring facilities and improve value added output for client base.
Reports to: Manager Business Control Department
- Represent the team at internal/external meetings.
- To acquire all data necessary for the creation and maintenance of timely client KPI packs; to produce same to accompany reports for regular review meetings;
- Provide support in conjunction with operational efficiencies and provide regular updates.
- Implement procedures as required.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level):
- Fund valuation and dealing
- Investment fund knowledge
- Multi-Currency Banking
- Box management
- In house systems/process
- External proprietary systems
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
- IOC threshold - accounting qualification
- Banking/Industry experience