Senior Manufacturing Technician, CNC Machinist
The Senior Manufacturing CNC Machinist will be responsible for the programming and running of various manual or CNC machines in a predominantly R & D manufacturing environment. The role will involve the manufacture of prototype 'build from scratch' items and tooling to small scale production runs, to modifying existing parts and generally supporting the Manufacturing Service Centre.
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Be fully conversant with all machines, equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle
- Ensure manufacturing and inspection times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Communicate best practise to other team members
- Liaise with designers and engineers to advise and to provide producibility solutions on a variety of products
- Provide time and cost estimates for current and future workload products
What's in it for you?
- My Client prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further.
What's great about the team?
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that the company deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team
What are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have a formal technical engineering / craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 and TR23 / TR21 / HNC or equivalent certificate
- Ideally 5 years experience as a skilled machinist, including 3-axis milling and lathes.
- Toolmaker experience would be beneficial.
- CNC experience with knowledge of programming
- IGES interface knowledge and experience would be beneficial
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint)
- Understanding of basic CAD/CAM software packages such as MasterCam.
- Excellent IT, maths and technical skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills.
- Good man management skills
- Awareness of Health and Safety
If this role appeals to you and you would like to hear more about the company and what they have to offer, please don't hesitate to apply with your most recent CV via the apply button.
Please note: to be considered for this role you must be able to attain SC clearance
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement