Gas Site re-build Project Manager
Gas Site re-build Project Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Initial Period: 9 Months
Rate: £Competitive PWD
My client owns, operates and maintains the largest gas distribution network in the UK, transporting gas safely to 11 million homes and businesses across West Midlands, North West England, East of England and North London.
About the Role:
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering 2 very large portfolios of work, they are orientated around 5 Gas Station re-builds across the UK
You will be expected to have demonstrable experience of mechanical, civil and electrical engineering and have exposure to managing tender of main works contract.
- Lead a team of engineer and technical staff to manage and deliver programme of projects safely to time, cost and specification within governance requirements including project initiation documents, project execution plans and management of plans, schedule, resources, budgets, quality and risks.
- Lead and embed positive safety culture and process safety within team to improve collective safety performance ensuring adherence to company policy, aims and objectives.
- Accountable for first level assurance across all team activities and responsibilities.
- Develop and share best practice in SHESQ and Project Delivery.
- Ensure that Project Engineers are robustly positioned commercially on scheme delivery, and coordinate and prioritise commercial / contractual support systems in place.
- Ensure work activities are carried out in accordance with SCO (Safe Control of Operations) and manage projects to mitigate asset and operational conflict.
- Ensure SCCF (Supplier Contracts Control Framework) is fully implemented.
- Ensure Contract Partner site activities are compliant with my clients SHES standards, Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and CDM regulations.
- Manage the Contract Partner commissioning and performance testing process on site. Ensure the provision of accurate as built documentation to handover of the assets onto the system to the standards defined in the design.
- Support contract partners with design proposals and value engineering options to meet RIIO commitments
- Degree in STEM subject (or equivalent) or relevant experience
- Member of appropriate professional body with Incorporated / Chartered status or similar (e.g. APM, IET, etc)
- Experience of Team Management, coaching and development of staff.
- Experience of successful Project Management including leading multiple project delivery teams
- Ability to produce work of a high standard to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated successful capability in:
- Financial management
- Change Management
- Effective communication skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative, sound judgement and problem solving.
- Track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively both internally and externally.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.