MAPPA Unit Support Officer
The principal responsibility of the role is to work in a multi-agency environment the post will provide support to the HQ MAPPA Unit through a range of activities including managing intelligence, data manipulation and research. The function of the unit is to protect the public through the effective management of those sexual and violent offenders who pose the greatest risk of harm. In addition the post will have specific duties in respect of low risk sex offenders which will be managed by the unit centrally which will include annual checks through research and also assessment of any new information relating to these offenders.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven research skills, with the ability to identify relevant information from a number of sources and to draw accurate inferences from minimal information.
- An awareness and understanding of the sophisticated use of a variety of Internet search engines to undertake more complex/detailed searches.
- Demonstrable ability to draft clear, concise but appropriately detailed and accurate reports.
- An outline understanding of the issues and processes surrounding the management of dangerous offenders and relevant legislation.
· Demonstrably resilient, with the ability to cope with potentially disturbing information.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy