Housing Options and Advice Centre Manager
Based in East London, the client is keen to recruit a customer focused candidate with extensive experience of:
* Managing provision of housing advice, options and homelessness teams and carrying out prevention and assessment work. It includes responsibility for rough sleeping services.
* Leading on the Council's response to the recent Homelessness Reduction Act.
* Promoting a philosophy of putting service user needs first at every opportunity and to put in place management arrangements that work to action this.
* Representing Councils at local and national level, attending and presenting at such conferences, seminars and working parties as may be required.
* Leading on maintenance of the Council's housing register including verification of applicants and administration of allocations policy.
* Leading the team that will deliver assessments and appropriate preventive support to those in housing needs.
* Being responsible for homelessness decisions on behalf of the council in line with current legislation, case law, Council policies and best practice.
* Managing work on reviews and legal challenges to these decisions through to their resolution.
* Supporting the Head of Housing Client Services in managing and setting budgets.
Please note, this role requires extensive management experience at service manager level. The team includes 4/5 team leaders and 30+ staff. Strong knowledge of the homelessness environment, law and best practice is required.
Ideally the client is keen to recruit somebody by mid June/early July 2018, so immediate availability or being available on a short notice period would be ideal. Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria need apply for this post.
Badenoch and Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch and Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch and Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/candidate-privacy