The principal responsibility of the role is to provide a high quality support service to the Chief Officer(s), in a manner which reflects the professional image required of the OPCC and which safeguards the PCC's principles and reputation.
- IT skills to be able to use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint at an advanced level and Excel to an intermediate level. The post holder must also be able to assist the Chief Officer(s) with IT software and hardware issues, maintaining an awareness of IT solutions that can improve efficiency/meet the requirements of the Chief Officer(s).
- Advanced level of communication skills both written and verbal in order to confidently and capably respond to and communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders which includes members of the public, dignitaries, officials, senior officers, colleagues etc. on behalf of the Chief Officer(s)
- Sound numerical skills for the calculation of expenses claims.
- Ability to plan and organise own work as well as that of the Chief Officer(s) as well as the ability to co-ordinate activity across teams for the Chief Officer(s).
- A high level of diary management skills in order to manage the diaries of multiple senior officers.
- Ability to use sound judgement and knowledge when making decisions in relation to the day to day activity of the Chief officer(s) which will have a direct impact on the delivery of the OPCCs objectives.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with other senior managers and key stakeholders to manage competing demands and requests for time with the Chief Officer(s)
- Conflict management skills, with the ability to find innovative and creative solutions to problems such as competing demands from the Chief Officer(s) and the wider team in order to achieve harmony across the team.
- Ability to collate, analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy