Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
The Financial analyst - needs to provide comprehensive financial analysis and support to one or more business functions; ensuring appropriate financial control with a particular emphasis on timely, accurate and complete reporting and appropriate analysis and insight that informs and support business decisions. The role also includes consolidation of monthly financial reporting and inputs to the month-end accounting process.
- Develop and execute complex financial models and undertake reactive, ad-hoc analysis to support business and financial initiatives, working with Finance Business Partners and business stakeholders to help them understand the potential impact of change initiatives.
- Investigate the impact that business decisions and the resulting
operational/procedural changes have on end-to-end financials (e.g. what caused over- spend and how can it be prevented in the future). Through analysis, provide insight to support business decision making.
- Support Finance Business Partners to coordinate the transition of new, prototype reporting models into RtR to help mitigate risk and leverage opportunities for increased efficiency and productivity.
- Support Finance Managers in establishing, maintaining and monitoring the financial control framework, ensuring adherence to internal and Sarbanes-Oxley key controls.
- In line with direction, undertake strategic business plan analysis to provide finance and business leaders with a fact-based view of whether business areas are focused on the highest value-adding areas, activities and initiatives.
- As appropriate, to support the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
- Build own knowledge of RIIO and its impact on the industry and the business in order to support key decisions and advise and guide own business area.
- Proactively contribute to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused finance team. Support Finance Team Leaders in meeting /exceeding all relevant targets and strategic objectives within the business unit(s).
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Fully qualified accountant or equivalent professional experience. Business Skills
- Customer focus * Stakeholder management * Team working and relationships * Business acumen * Performance excellence
- Reporting financial information * Accounting and reporting pronouncements * Financial modelling * Business partnering * SAP * Business Warehouse * Business Software and Applications * Codeblock
If you wish to apply for the above position, please email a copy of your CV
Pontoon is a global HR outsourcing company specializing in improving an organization's talent. We manage the contingent workforce and statement of work resources on behalf of our clients, as well as source and recruit direct hires. Pontoon's approach results in significant cost savings and revenue improvement, increased worker quality, workforce insight and greater regulatory compliance. A division of Adecco with operations in nearly 100 countries and with more than 1,500 colleagues worldwide, the Jacksonville, Florida-based organization delivers solutions to more than 150 industry-leading companies.