Application Support Analyst
My client in the education sector is looking for an experienced Application Support Analyst to provide support of a Sylabus Plus timetabling system. The role holder will also need to work with the current team on knowledge transfer activities and documentation of processes.
- Ownership of timetabling and associated student management applications to ensure the service is not only routinely maintained but also improved in alignment with business and user requirements and needs
- Ownership and resolution of incident/problem/service requests records and ensuring these are regularly maintained and updated maintained to include current statuses and activities performed to date.
- Liaise with the Service Management, Infrastructure Solutions and Test teams to support, maintain, optimise and improve technical and service elements of live IS Services
- Experience of supporting systems with complex algorithms and data relationships
- Understanding of relational database technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly to non-specialist audiences
- Empathetic and with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly adaptable and flexible. Able to adjust quickly to new situations and changing priorities
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable IT experience with substantial proven expertise in second line support
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the ITIL service management methodology and is able to evidence this through current working practices e.g. problem management
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.