High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in South Wales
The initial phase of your employment will be to:
* Document a configuration management (CM) concept that spans the complete development cycle that supports the use of Agile Methodology.
* Identify CM requirements that cover the system, hardware, software and data/info requirements.
* Manage and deliver CM requirements against the overall CM plan for the programme.
* Developing and maintaining the configuration management plan
* Defining, implementing, managing version control and processes
* Communicating and controlling release plans for fielded and test environments.
* Ensuring all releases and build processes are accurately documented and are reported through the approved toolset.
* Conducting Configuration Reviews to include but not limited to requirements, problem reports, defects and bug reports.
* Collaborate with the project design / build team in support of multiple, concurrent configuration baselines in line with the CM Plan
* Guide the engineers on the Configuration Management Processes they need to follow.
* Degree qualification (2:1 honours or above) in an Engineering (system, software, electronic communications, computer systems) or related discipline
* Extensive hands-on working experience of configuration management within a systems engineering Technology Company.
* Experienced CM practitioner in all hardware and software CM related disciplines, including Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, CM Audits, Baseline Management, Software Configuration Management, CM database requirements.
* Experience of PDMLink tool.
* Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising company staff and the customer.
* Experience in roles that demonstrate technical leadership and application of system engineering skills, with a track record of delivery.
* Demonstrates understanding of the system/product engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially successful organisation.
* Confident and effective dealing with Customers and End Users
* Possess an internationally recognised CM certification.
* Familiar with tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios and system management considerations.
* Good understanding of messaging and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless (as well as wired) environments
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk