Adecco are recruiting for a Visiting Officer to work in a local authority in Twickenham. *Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
To undertake home visits to vulnerable people with a view to collecting information; completing financial assessment forms; dealing and resolving complex queries and helping people to maximise their benefits.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To meet with service users or their representatives to obtain financial information and documentation to enable the completion of a financial assessment form.
- To respond to queries that may arise; provide advice regarding disability related expenditure and obtain relevant documentation; provide general welfare benefits advice
- To ensure all details are obtained so that they are accurately recorded on the relevant IT systems (Framework-I) and statistical/management information is obtained and recorded.
- To identify clients' entitlement to state benefits/pensions and making appropriate referrals to the welfare benefits advice service/Client Affairs Team.
- To identify any potential financial abuse or depravation of assets and make appropriate safeguarding adult referrals or raise concerns.
- To ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required for each, as agreed annually by the by the Executives of both Councils.
- To advise and support managers on relevant matters affecting the service
- To contribute as required to performance review and improvement measures on an ongoing basis, helping to ensure that a customer focus is embedded within the function and innovative and creative solutions are evaluated to securing the highest quality and value for money functions.
- To work as required in ways that develop good working relations and collaborative arrangements with internal and external stakeholders.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To visit service users or their representatives where a payment or debt issue has been identified or where general debt advice or help is needed.
- To provide appropriate training and coaching to other areas of the service, voluntary sector and the department.
- To produce and present reports to management and stakeholders (e.g. voluntary sector) in relation to welfare benefits and visits.
This post is considered to be customer facing and the post holder would need to plan their working day around the needs and demands of the customer and would therefore normally be expected to work to the Council's core hours and/or times best suited to the customer.
The post holder would be expected to work for long periods away from the office and would therefore not normally be regarded as office based
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Visiting Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.