Multi-skilled Shift Engineer
Shift pattern as follows: 2 days (05:00 - 17:00) 2 nights (17:00 - 05:00)
The purpose of the role is to provide Electrical and Mechanical expertise to ensure the continued safe and efficient working of the production machinery and all associated site equipment. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
What is expected?
Core competencies in this role include:
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Positive attitude towards work
- Ability to work independently but able to work within a team
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to identify problems and work with others to solve the issue in a timely fashion
- Follow tasks through from concept to completion
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To maintain and repair electrical and mechanical equipment and services to a high standard in line with all relevant legislation, health and safety law and company codes of practice and hygiene rules.
- To carry out new installations and modifications to existing equipment, in line with PUWER regulations.
Essential qualification / experience required:
- Recognised training / apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electrical or Maintenance related Engineering Scheme (NVQ, BTECH with proven experience
- Minimum ONC or equivalent technical certificate, IEE 17th edition
- Competent user of AutoCAD, MS project, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Full understanding of engineering drawings
- Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Mechanical experience
- Electrical installation to a high standard, in line with all current regulations
- Experience with Food manufacturing and / or FMCG
- Knowledge of 3 phase production machinery
- Able to quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve faults including PLC control (S7 / Allen Bradley)
If this opportunity is of interest then please don't hesitate to contact Roevin Manchester (Sophia - 0161 233 1222) or alternatively apply.
Roevin acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Roevin UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Roevin. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.roevin.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement
Apply for Multi-skilled Shift Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.