Principal Environmental Test Chamber Engineer
An opportunity has arisen to lead the Environmental Stress Screening Engineering team at the manufacturing facility in Greater Manchester. This is a dynamic and challenging environment providing the right candidate with the chance to demonstrate technical expertise and to influence future test policy, The ESS department is a significant investment by the company in this competitive High Reliability complex product market, with over 20 Combined Thermal and Vibration systems currently in operation.
Responsible for the Specification & Delivery of Environmental Test Screening Facilities for a wide range of products used in air, land and sea defence systems and provide technical expertise in the Environmental Stress Screening throughout the product lifecycle
Design, commissioning & maintenance of a range of Climatic and Vibration equipment, including the definition & implementation of Environmental Stress Screening Regimes.
The Company has an extensive range of bespoke test facilities, capabilities and skills to support production Environmental Stress Screening, and is at the forefront of the development of automated facilities to improve effectiveness and reliability.
What are we looking for?
- Degree/HND (Mechanical/Electrical) Level of Qualifications or equivalent.
- Experience of Vibration and Climatic testing, including derivation of control strategies, function of climatic chambers and equipment, vibration test controllers and data acquisition systems.
- A good understand of measurement and test principles, and equipment.
- Detailed knowledge of Climatec Chamber and Vibration System design, Eurotherm and Data Physics Control Instrumentation would be beneficial.
- A strong ability to identify the correct technical solution and drive this though with the Customer.
- An understanding of Cryogenic and Pneumatic systems would be an advantage.
- Effective at working in teams with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good Planning and Organising skills.
- Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: this company requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement
Apply for Principal Environmental Test Chamber Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.