Accurate and timely processing and submission of the monthly payroll in line with UK Tax and Payroll Legislation.
Processing of new starters, leavers and Contract changes, recording of absences, including sick pay, statutory Maternity/Paternity and Shared Leave. You will also be required to process time sheets for overtime, casual staff and self-employed workers.
Liaison with Human Resources department on payroll issues.
Managing any deductions such as car parking, union and university benefits i.e. Cycle scheme and Health care. Reconciliation of the payroll associated control accounts on a monthly basis.
Preparation of P11d information in conjunction with the Financial Accountant
Preparation and reconciliation of associated records and returns to HMRC, pension providers, regulators and others as required. Providing payroll-related information to colleagues, regulators and auditors.
Preparation of monthly payroll journals
Performing routine maintenance activities for payroll systems.
You will be responsible for liaising with our customers and dealing with payroll related questions and appropriately resolving anomalies with internal and external stakeholders.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Ensure that the highest standards of professional performance are maintained
- Promote equal opportunities in the work of the department to include a commitment to the International Strategy of the University
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and statutory codes of practice, as advised
- Participate in the arrangements for performance review
- Ensure that professional skills are regularly updated through participation in training and development activities
- Ensure all University policies are implemented within the remit of this post
HEALTH & SAFETY
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, whilst at work, members of staff must take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of any other person who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Payroll Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.