Risk Analytics Developer, AWS,jenkings,Repo Mirror,docker/opens
Risk Developer AWS,jenkings,Repo Mirror,docker/openshift, Python
Major Investment Management firm is looking to appoint an experienced developer to who has significant experience both in Ms Access and in SQL Server, to help the Investment Risk team with their database infrastructure. The solution was built historically in Ms Access using an Access front-end with both Access tables and linked SQL Server tables. It is used by the Investment Risk team to generate position upload files on a daily basis that are being sent to UBS Delta (our current risk analytics provider)
- Improve and maintain the current in-house Investment Risk tools and database applications (Ms Access/SQL Server).
- Deliver solutions by enhancing the existing infrastructure, rationalising data feeds, optimising queries and potentially move certain pieces of code/queries from Access to SQL Server.
- Help formalising the review, testing and documentation of the on-going enhancements into the Investment Risk's database tool
- Engage closely with IT, DMO (Data Management Office), DBAs and the Global Analytics team.
- Understand the needs of the team when moving over to the new solution. Transition the logic and queries from the legacy Ms Access solution to a new SQL Server tool, while also applying critical thinking to what is required, ensuring the solution is scalable.
- Build a new tool from scratch that will form the future database solution for the Investment Risk team. This solution will allow aggregating and storing risk analytics which will be used for the production of daily/weekly/monthly risk reports.
- Significant experience with SQL Server
- Significant experience with Ms Access and VBA
- Database design and optimisation
- Self-motivated with record of being able to work with limited supervision. Must be able to work off own initiative
- Software analysis and development, data analysis and technical programming skills
- A methodical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to plan, prioritise and recognise dependencies and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of asset types and risk measures across all asset classes
- Experience of development within an asset management firm or similar organisation
- Enthusiasm for smart and efficient solutions
- Genuine interest in investments and financial markets
- Experience with a software versioning system (example SVN)
- Good knowledge of market data solutions and risk systems would be desirable (example Bloomberg, UBS Delta, Axioma)
- Knowledge of Tableau would be a plus
If you wish to apply for the above position, please call me on 01782 558067 or email on martin.boulton @ pontoonsolutions.com
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is a global HR outsourcing company specializing in improving an organization's talent. We manage the contingent workforce and statement of work resources on behalf of our clients, as well as source and recruit direct hires. Pontoon's approach results in significant cost savings and revenue improvement, increased worker quality, workforce insight and greater regulatory compliance. A division of Adecco with operations in nearly 100 countries and with more than 1,500 colleagues worldwide, the Jacksonville, Florida-based organization delivers solutions to more than 150 industry-leading companies.
Apply for Risk Analytics Developer, AWS,jenkings,Repo Mirror,docker/opens
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.