This is an exciting opportunity to join and lead a Finance Team based within a global company. With 9 reports, you will use your expertise and knowledge to ensure key controls are operating effectively across the finance processes.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To ensure key controls are operating effectively across our finance processes, in particular ensuring the integrity of SAP BW reporting and intersystem account reconciliations across our complex system landscape
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the financial control environment and lead the implementation of business simplification and continuous improvement and ensure they are the guiding principles for the team through standardisation and simplification of accounting processes
- Ensure compliance with UK and US regulation and reporting, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Support the Finance Director with cross functional projects to deliver systems and process improvements, ensuring a robust platform for the future
- Lead the UK month-end close process ensuring results are delivered in line with agreed timeframes and the process is well controlled and efficient, including submission of BPC financial consolidation packages to Sysco Europe
- Manage the external and internal audit process ensuring work is appropriately planned and delivered on a timely basis
- To monitor the UK balance sheet through monthly submissions KPIs and quarterly reviews with the CFO
- To provide detailed analysis to the CFO of the risks and opportunities present within the balance sheet
- Calculation of the bad debt provision and reporting on the monthly bad debt expense, ensuring that the level of provision is sufficient and in line with group policy
- Review of the inter depot accounting via monthly submissions and investigation of material variances. Work with the business to ensure changes to the inter depot movement of stock is correctly captured and reported
- Review of the stock balances held on the balance sheet and any manual adjustments made to these
- Provide support to the finance shared service accounts payable and accounts receivable teams, as required by the Finance Director
- Manage the Financial control team (including the fixed asset finance team) and oversee the output to their key stakeholders, including customer rebates analysis and management of end user rebates
- Investigate and resolve any anomalies presented by balance sheet reviews, controls or the wider finance community
- Support the business in understanding the systems and accounting for projects
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Qualified in CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Experience working in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Can demonstrate experience of strong control environments, such as Sarbanes Oxley
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Advanced Excel
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.