Rent Arrears Recovery Officer
RENT ARREARS RECOVERY OFFICER
MONDAY- FRIDAY 9AM-5PM
3 MONTH ASSIGNMENT
£19.50 HOURLY RATE
To assist the Finance Team Leaders & Rent Arrears Income Recovery Lead officers with all aspects of debt recovery across the full range of Council services as appropriate in accordance with agreed recovery and debt collection policies.
Carrying out a range tasks associated with Housing rent collection including temporary accommodation, Adult Social Care Personal budget income, and Sundry debt recovery and enforcement processes.
Main duties will include:
- Acts as a single point of contact for Suppliers, Service Users and Internal and External Customers.
- Deals with appropriate enquires at first point of contact and hands off to other Finance Staff.
- Ensure systems are in place for recording and monitoring contacts and issues.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Intranet and other self-service options for Finance enquires.
- Take telephone payments in accordance with agreed procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for working accurately with data and figures to achieve time driven process targets.
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of Microsoft software and Finance applications.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with people outside of their team.
- A knowledge and understanding of Welfare benefits, debt collection and recovery.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment and achieving successful outcomes.
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy