Power & Utilities Underwriter
- Develop a profitable book of business in line with the companies underwriting strategy for P&U business.
1.Review, underwrite, peer-review, process and service profitable renewal and prospect business in line with the jobholder's Underwriting Authority, as well as underwriting rules and guidelines.
2.Communicate risk appetite and company value proposition to London Market brokers.
3.Develop strong, long term relationships with London Market brokers and our mutual clients to profitably grow a book of business.
4.Contribute to special underwriting projects as needed.
5.Contribute actively to initiatives of the CoC P&U and nurture a culture of strong collaboration with Group colleagues around the world.
6.Represent the company at client meetings, site surveys and insurance conferences.
* Bachelor's Degree. A technical discipline such as engineering is a plus.
* ACII qualification desirable.
* Demonstrably high level of property and machinery breakdown underwriting expertise.
* Strong established business relationships with London market brokers.
* Results oriented and highly accountable.
* Strong analytical skills and business knowledge.
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment making quick decisions while adhering to a sound underwriting discipline.
* Very good technical understanding.
* Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, as well as other relevant IT-systems.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.