You will be a highly organised person with excellent attention to detail and a high level of discretion.
Successful applicants must be available to attend an assessment beforehand and a training session on Thursday 2nd May.
Hourly rate of £10.20
Job Summary and Purpose of an Exam Invigilator
This role is ideally suited to candidates with excellent communication skills.
We are looking for reliable, flexible and conscientious individuals to run and administer internal examinations and any computer based assessments for students within higher education. Previous invigilating experience is desired. You will receive invigilator training however, an understanding of the importance and formality of the examination procedure and/or experience in managing groups of people is most important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To ensure that all examinations adhere to set timings
* That all regulations set out by the awarding bodies are adhered to
* To ensure that all exam documents are secure at all times and no examination material is left unattended at any time
* To ensure that the candidates adhere to the lines of discipline expected of them during an examination which have been set out by the awarding bodies
* To ensure that silence is kept by all parties in the examination room at all times during the examination
* That all candidates that need to leave the room for any reason, for example to use the toilet facilities are appropriately ushered
* To ensure that any student arriving late to an examination is dealt with according to the guidelines provided by the University
* Exams papers are accurately counted out and counted in and there are always the same number during every exam invigilated
* To ensure that any breach of the disciplinary code is dealt with in accordance to examination regulations and recorded as set out in the training
Invigilators will have excellent communication both written and verbal, excellent time management, work appropriate appearance, a professional manner and the ability to follow instructions that are given by the Assessment Unit.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.