Technical Author - S1000D
Rate: €400-€425 per day
Start Date: January 2017
Duration: 6 months
Location: Brussels area, Belgium
My client specialises in the design and manufacture of weapons systems for a number of defence companies globally.
Due to a rapid increase in projects, they are seeking 2 Technical Publications Engineers to join their team.
* As an ILS Technical Publications Engineer, you will be responsible for the following activities:
* The establishment and dissemination of technical specification requirements as applicable to technical documentation (User Manuals, Maintenance Manual, Illustrated Part catalogue,...).
* Creation of data modules, validation, compiling and publishing in accordance with S1000D process
* Monitoring technical publication inputs and activities from the subcontractors through to the internal/external (Engineering, Product Support, Prime Contractor, End Client...) teams.
* Verification and Validation of the technical documentation with the various program stakeholders.
* Monitoring of changes, corrections and amendments to the respective technical documents.
* Ensure the necessary data to support both internal and external SCS customers program milestones.
* Coordinate with program stakeholders (Design Office, SCS,...) involved in these activities, both internally and externally.
* Communicate to ILS Program managers information necessary for the production of technical offers.
* Prime interface for Technical Publication outsourcing control.
* Oversee all aspects of technical documentation creation, including team member review, verification and production release
* Extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals and resolve to perform a variety of tasks, within the ILS group.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups representing Technical Publications throughout the company when required.
* Provide regular updates on project status to project team and management. Proactively identify potential project risks with mitigation actions
If this position is of interest to you and you'd like to apply, please do so via the link on this advert and I will call you as soon as possible to discuss the position in more detail.