MSc Programme Administrator
Salary: £15.46 per hour
End Date: 5th March 17
We are currently recruiting on behalf on one of London's highest ranked Universities for an experienced Administrator to assist in their European Institute. You must have experience working in a higher education environment to apply for this role, applicants will be shortlisted based on experience.
* To administer the European Institute's MSc programmes, delivering a high level of customer service and developing a first class experience for all MSc students
* To provide an interface between the MSc students and EI academics, providing a comprehensive information service and acting as a first point of reference for all MSc queries
* To provide professional support for all aspects of the European Institute's MSc programmes: including daily management of the MScs, committee servicing, coursework submission and examination coordination.
* To provide general administrative support to the EI, in conjunction with the rest of the administrative team.
* To provide full administration to the MSc programmes.
* To edit the sections of the European Institute website that are relevant to the MSc students
* To maintain and develop the EI General Programme Info Moodle Page throughout the year; to inform students of upcoming deadlines, events as well as policies, procedures etc.
* To update the relevant Moodle pages with instructions for electronic assessment submission
* To post relevant news/information to the EI's Facebook page and other social networking forums
* To be the first in line of support and advice when answering queries in person, via the telephone or responding to emails in the enquiry mailbox from internal and external students of varied backgrounds and interests
* To provide high-level support to students on the MSc programmes, including producing official documents where necessary
* To ensure that students are informed of and understand administrative procedures required of them for their studies
* To take the initiative in dealing with student-related issues by referring to and using School regulations, codes of practice and Institute policies
* To act as Secretary to the EI's Teaching and Learning Committee, and a Staff Student Liaison Committee: preparing and distributing the agendas and related papers, attending meetings, writing and circulating the minutes, acting in an advisory capacity about student matters at these meetings and ensuring all actions are followed up. Co-ordinating the student representative elections for the Staff Student Liaison Committees
* To co-ordinate and manage liaison with other departments regarding MSc programmes and students; in particular the Departments of International Relations and Government, and the Institute of Public Affairs
* To assist the Student Engagement and Admissions Manager in the organisation of student-staff social events and conferences - including Cumberland Lodge, parties and end of year events.
Examinations and Assessment Manager
* To manage the Institute's graduate examinations and assessment process (assessed coursework and dissertations)
* To take responsibility for ensuring that all School and Institute procedures and policies are complied with and deadlines are adhered to
* To assist in the implementation of the Institute's graduate examinations and assessment processes and policies
* To provide guidance and support for all Programme Directors/Exam Sub Board Chairs and markers on the graduate examinations and assessment processes
* To play a pro-active role in managing the examinations and assessment process taking into account staff and external examiners workloads and school deadlines
*To ensure that students submit assessed coursework and dissertations on time. To run all coursework through Turnitin and to follow up with the Programme Directors any potential plagiarism cases
* To provide students with details and deadlines for submitting assessed coursework and dissertations, following up with students who have failed to submit and issuing penalties in accordance with late work. Managing requests for extensions to deadlines from students via the Course Convenors and Exam Sub Board Chair, and monitoring these extensions as needed
* To liaise effectively with internal staff members and External Examiners, organising exam scrutiny meetings for each programme, co-ordinating deadlines, overseeing the preparation of examination papers, devising marking allocations for staff members - taking into account their expertise and workload, distributing papers to markers, collating marks and preparing mark frames, calculating final classifications, presenting information at Exam Sub Board meetings, arranging and acting as secretary to the Exam Sub Boards, following up on action points and mitigating circumstances
* Managing relations with the External Examiners, ensuring they are aware of relevant deadlines and preparing and mailing out sample scripts throughout the terms
* To use initiative and judgement in managing the graduate examinations and assessment process and to have the ability to give particular attention to detail
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.