Junior Software Testing Analyst
Junior Software Testing Analyst
LOCATION: Nottingham Trent House
SALARY : £28,000 - £30,000 + Benefits
WHY CHOSE A CAREER WITH CAPITAL ONE?
You're tenacious, inquisitive and tech savvy. You keep digging until you have everything you need to get the result you want. Now you are looking for the right career and company to develop yourself. If this sounds like you, then look no further! We are looking for a Junior Software Testing Analyst Engineers with a thirst for delivering high quality systems, fast.
Since our inception we've been a company built on bold, new ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit. In an ever changing financial landscape we're transforming to a technology company that happens to do credit, always on, and striving for the breakthroughs that will make our customers lives better. Voted as the UK's Best Workplace (large category) for 2013, 2014 and 2015, you can be certain that we are the right place to start or grow your career.
We're proud to say that we're up there amongst the UKs top 10 credit card providers. We put customers first - and we pride ourselves on innovation. The Quality Engineering team is playing a vital part in creating ground-breaking solutions to set us up for top-speed delivery whilst maintaining incredible levels of quality. We want you to be part of shaping this awe-inspiring phase of Capital One's history, working with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a Junior Software Tester, you will write and build test suites, continuously designing and implementing creative ways to build quality into projects as early as possible. You will work side by side with a highly innovative group of developers and business partners in an Agile environment. Collaboration and communication are key with not just your multi-skilled Agile team, but also your offshore team members. As part of this energetic environment, we encourage you to step outside of traditional role boundaries to get the results you want.
* Software Test Analysis, both at a functional and at a technical level within your Agile team
* Analysis of the system under test, identifying key risk areas and test techniques
* Communicate chosen test approach to your Agile team members
* Planning, creating and executing manual and automated test scripts
* Being a team player and contributing to overall Agile team commitments
* Participate in product feature design reviews
* Certify product feature releases through testing and test automation
* Coding using Ruby programming language
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN RETURN?
Skills and experience required
* Ambitious and talented individual with a strong academic background, ideally a minimum 2.1 degree in an IT related subject i.e. Computer Science, IT Programming.
* Ideally 1-3 years experience in testing or programming within Financial Services
* SQL experience
* Unix scripting
* Programming experience, i.e. Ruby, Java
* XML/ JSON/ API awareness
* Agile awareness i.e. SCRUM, Kanban and SAFe
* Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development
* Cloud knowledge i.e. Amazon Web Services
Key competencies and behaviours
ü Great team player and good communication skills
ü Excellent Analytical thinking
ü Logical and solutions focused
ü Proactive with a can do attitude
ü Flexible and adaptable
Throughout your application process you will need to demonstrate the following:
* Interested in a career in testing/ coding in the finance industry
* Ability to work as a team to deliver high quality business results
* Keen to engage and proactively take on early responsibility
* Resilient, 'can do', pragmatic and adaptable approach
* Self-motivated and takes ownership to progress your own career
THE NEXT STEPS
There are four phases to the recruitment process. Every phase has been particularly designed to give you an opportunity to impress us but also to give you the opportunity to make sure that Capital One really is the company for you. You will have a dedicated recruitment consultant directing you throughout each stage of the process.