Treasury Specialist, Liquidity, PRA, 6 months London
Tier One Investment Bank is looking to appoint an Experienced Treasury focused Professional to work on a regulatory submission to the PRA on a 6 month contract in London
Overview of business area or project:
We are seeking a candidate to assist with the development and successful delivery of the liquidity components of our Solvent Wind Down (SWD) submission to the PRA. SWD is a key aspect of our broader resolution and recovery planning strategy, and is a key regulatory deliverable for Q3 2017.
SWD analysis requires firms to analyze how they would close certain UK operating entities following a hypothetical stress event such as a large regulatory fine. Specifically, the SWD analysis requires firms to quantify the liquidity impact of unwinding the entities balance sheet and existing trading positions. The purpose of the analysis is to allow the PRA to quantify if firms have sufficient liquidity resources to remain solvent throughout the unwind period.
The role requires a thorough understanding of investment banking products and the liquidity impacts associated with these products. Specifically the role requirements are:
- Reviewing regulatory guidance relating to the liquidity and funding relevant aspects of SWD, and developing plans to satisfy these requirements.
- Partnering with business heads to analyze their proposed unwind strategies, to understand impact on liquidity and the asset-liability management of their trading positions.
- Working with internal regulatory reporting teams to ensure the impact of the SWD on key liquidity metrics is quantified.
- Ownership of the quantitative analysis required to model the liquidity impact on the entities subject to SWD through time
- Liaising closely with the other members of the SWD project team who will be involved covering aspects such as the capital, balance sheet and cost impacts of SWD.
- Producing a high quality SWD report for submission to the PRA, detailing the analytical approach adopted and summarizing the conclusion of the analysis.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
The candidate will be required to have a good understanding of investment banking and products and be able to understand key liquidity concepts applicable in a solvent wind down in a short time frame. This is a complex project and the candidate will need to provide solutions to issues that arise as part of this project. They need to have the maturity to deal with a number of senior stakeholders and be good at communicating both verbally and through written language.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
If you wish to apply for the above position, please call me on 01782 558067 or email on martin.boulton @ pontoonsolutions.com
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.