6 months initially
My client, one of the largest energy companies in the UK are looking for a Welder who has Supervisory experience within the Construction or Energy sector.
Based on site, you will align your project with the highest safety, health, environmental and technical quality standards and ensure that it is on track and on time. The role will involve supporting with Welding tasks on a daily basis whilst also supporting the Project Delivery Manager with sub-contractors and suppliers, and developing positive relationships with clients and contractors.
- Previous Supervisor experience is essential.
- Experience of managing people is essential.
- Experience in construction is essential.
- SMSTS training or equivalent.
- EWI experience is essential
- A minimum HNC engineering qualification is desireable
- An SSSTS or NEBOSH equivalent certificate.
- An appropriate CSCS card.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including the ability to negotiate with others to ensure the most effective delivery of the programme.
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills - you will be able to build productive relationships with senior managers and staff, contractors and customers.
- Plenty of enthusiasm, and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to maintain optimum business performance in a quality focused.
- Undertake daily QA checks
- Carry out Health and safety Checks
- Gather data that is key to the business (part of QA)
- Assist Site manager reach overall site KPIs and Targets
- Uses electricity and torches to produce heat and solder together components made from steel, titanium, copper, and other metals
- Welds small components for residential use and large ones like pipelines for power plants
- Consults blueprints and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Monitors equipment for appropriate usage and temperature
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet building codes and legal requirements
- Develops working knowledge of dozens of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components
- Operates specialised machinery for industrial welding or supervises robots that do the same
- Trims metal components using heat, fire, and electricity
- Monitors work environment for hazards and maintains healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation
- Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
For more enquires please contact:
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Applicants should show all skills on their CV.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Whilst every effort is made to ensure this email is relevant to your experience and job search, sometimes there are errors, we apologise if this is the case.