Web Developer - Buckinghamshire
Based: Milton Keynes
Position: Full Time
Salary: Up to £30k
Chance to join an exciting communications company based in Milton Keynes. They have an international team of professionals, and are looking for a talented web developer to join them. They would be maintaining existing solutions and be responsible for the development of any new client faced web based systems.
Any solutions built upon this role would provide change and implement improvements for businesses around the globe. The role would best suit a web developer with creative habits, who also possess a drive to achieve results with personal pride in their contribution in client's success.
Ideal candidates will be selected based upon the following skills;
- Ability to build and test API's for exchange data applications
- Ability to document code for others to be able to understand and make additions to
- Optimised and refactor existing code
- Design of architecture, including different components of application
- Maintenance and creation of databases
- Problem solving
- Plan and prototype new applications
- Be able to test new site, applications, and features in different environments
- Performance benchmarking tests
- Gathering individual client and user requirements
- Research & test new technologies, frameworks, and languages
We are on the look out for candidates to how knowledge of some of the following;
- Ability to apply Linux, with web server applications
- Knowledge of Apache administration, SSL, .htaccess, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, WHM, & CPanel
- PHP web development, with background knowledge of Json, Memcache/APC. Curl, Twig, XML, LDAP, Soap, ODBC
- SQL (ORM/DAL)
- Experienced use of legacy code
- Front End Deveops (JQuery, HTML, CSS)
Candidates could be selected based upon the following desirable attitudes;
- Logical & pro active mind set towards problem solving
- Ability to take ownership of individual tasks
- Team player
Ideal Candidates should be able to provide previous experiences of web development solutions. Past work will allow us to have a clear indication of the above characteristics.
Applications for the Web Developer role:
If the above opportunity sounds of interest please send your CV Please be assured that your CV will be treated in the strictest confidence and we would always speak to you before discussing your CV with any potential employer.
Computer People are operating as an Employment Agency. Computer People are an equal opportunities employer