School Medical Welfare Officer
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To arrange, in liaison with school medical service, and in school, with the Director of Pastoral care all co-ordinators, all eye, dental, medical examinations held in school;
- To monitor and advise on staff health as requested;
- To organise and maintain the medical room, ensure that necessary stock and equipment is to hand and is ordered as required;
- To maintain health records of all pupils, accident record forms, and all student visits to the medical room;
- To ensure safe keeping of such medicines/medical equipment as students may bring into school and oversee the administering of same;
- To attend meetings and case conferences as required;
- In an emergency liaise with ambulance service, and if parents are unavailable whenever possible go to hospital with pupil and stay until parents arrive;
- To maintain first aid boxes throughout the school;
Such other duties, within the competence of the post holder, which may be required reasonably, from time to time.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Feedback to relevant staff, as appropriate, regarding health & safety issues identified;
Enable regular consultation with premises staff on health and safety issues;
Ensure that all Incidents and Accidents are recorded.
If you would like further information please contact the Adecco Ilford Office or to apply please email your CV in response to this advert.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.