Graduate Trainee Support Technician
My client based in Reading is looking for a graduate Trainee Support Technician to join their team on a 12 Month Fixed Term contract.
The Technical support works within the VMS Department to provide leading edge product technical expertise to the Vending market support team.
The role supports the VMS team from on boarding and testing units to support the field Technical Support Managers by offering support to qualify reports of issues from customers and , prove test solutions before offering them for customer acceptance.
The successful candidate has responsibility to investigate issues and retain ownership until the customer has successfully accepted a solution. Using the reporting process the candidate must ensure timely communication on the status of the issue to both customers and sales associates.
The role is an independent role working on multiple issues at once.
Your main duties will involve;
- TSM Support - Initial Investigation.
- Prioritisation of Market Issues.
- Customer communication on the status of open issues.
- On boarding, testing and New product release.
- Beta Trial organisation / tracking.
- New technology research.
- Perform other duties / projects as assigned.
The successful candidate must have;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good writing abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Work to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to access information using automated systems.
- Experience with Spread sheets. (Excel preferred)
- Experience with SAP (Desired)
- Ability to quickly analyse data / situations and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex environment.
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to make oral and written presentations; ability and confidence to present opinions and thoughts in a clear manner.
- Experience of Linux operating systems and the ability to work within Linux environments.
- Degree in Electronic / mechanical / software engineering, or related field.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.